There’s nothing quite like finding fresh fruit salad recipes with watermelon to enjoy in the summer. Our Chef, Giorgio Rapicavoli – who also happens to be our city’s first winner on the Food Network’s “Chopped”, has an amazing fresh watermelon salad on our menu. However, we know you can’t always dine with us, and that sometimes you may want to try something new in your own kitchen.
Continue reading for some watermelon salad recipe ideas that you can begin trying at home immediately. And if you’d like to dine with us for our watermelon salad with lime crema, cotija cheese, cilantro, and jalapeño, call us to book a reservation today at (305) 570-4731.
Our Chef’s Favorite Fresh Fruit Salad Recipes With Watermelon
Watermelon Mojito Salad
Nothing quite says Miami like a watermelon mojito salad which contains our city’s signature drink!
To make a watermelon mojito salad you’ll need:
- 3 cups of the melon, diced.
- 1/2 to 1 cup of cucumber. Make sure you dice and peel them first.
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced mint leaves.
- The zest from 2 limes.
- 1/4 of a cup of lime juice. You’ll likely need two limes to get this amount of lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 pinch each of sea salt and black pepper
- A splash of your favorite rum, if you choose to make this watermelon salad with alcohol.
To make the watermelon mojito salad, first mix the melon, cucumber, and mint leaves in a large bowl. Next, use a small bowl to mix the other ingredients by shaking or stirring. Pour the lime and rum mixture over the watermelon mojito salad’s melon, cucumber, and mint leaf mixture and stir, then place in your serving dish of choice.
Fresh Watermelon Salad with Cucumber and Feta
Try this fruit dish with a Mediterranean twist! To start, you need the following ingredients:
- 5 cups of cubed, seedless melon.
- 1/2 cup of red-wine vinegar.
- 2 teaspoons of honey.
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and ground pepper.
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 chopped cucumber.
- 6 ounces of feta cheese. Make sure to cut them into cubes that are 3/4 of an inch in size.
- 1/2 cup of red onion, thinly sliced.
- 2 tablespoons of mint, chopped.
Follow these steps to make this watermelon salad:
- Whisk the vinegar, honey, mint, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. As you’re whisking this mixture, gradually add in the extra-virgin olive oil.
- Combine the melon, cucumber, feta cheese, and onion in a large bowl. Stir in the 1/2 cup of vinaigrette very gently, then refrigerate for 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Right before you serve, drizzle the vinegar mixture over the fruit, cucumber, and feta cheese. Then enjoy it.
- Red Fruit Dish
This is one of our favorite fresh fruit salad recipes with watermelon. It combines our favorite melon with raspberries and red seedless grapes or pitted cherries.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this watermelon salad recipe:
- 4 cups of our favorite summer melon, diced.
- 1/2 pint of raspberries
- 1 1/4 cup of seedless red grapes cut in halves or pitted cherries (or both!).
- 2 tablespoons of chopped purple basil.
Making this recipe is very easy. After you’ve prepared all the ingredients, simply mix them together gently. If you’d like, you can serve with yogurt.
Seven-Layer Fruit Dish
If you’re looking for aesthetically-pleasing fresh fruit salad recipes with watermelon, you need to try the seven-layer fruit salad. This watermelon salad recipe calls for:
- 2 cups of the summer melon, diced.
- 2 cups of halved blackberries.
- 2 cups of honeydew melon, diced.
- 2 cups of pineapple, diced.
- 2 cups of green grapes, cut into halves.
- 2 cups of quartered strawberries.
- 2 cups of cantaloupe, diced.
- 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon of mint, chopped.
Start making this dish by combining the orange juice, lime juice, and mint in a small bowl. Next, toss our favorite red melon with this juicy mixture and place the fruit in a medium bowl. Repeat for each fruit, placing them in layers in this order:
If you’d like, you can garnish the salad with additional chopped mint, and then serve.
Watermelon Salad Recipe with Cucumber and Orange
For our final watermelon salad suggestion, you’ll need:
- 4 cups of the summer melon cut into 3/4 inch chunks. You’ll likely need one small melon to achieve this quantity.
- 1 1/2 cups of Persian cucumbers, oblique-cut. This usually requires 3 cucumbers.
- 1 cup of navel orange sections. You’ll most likely need 2 oranges to achieve this.
- 1/3 cup of pitted and torn Castelvetrano olives.
- 1/4 of lemon juice (you’ll likely need 2 lemons).
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro. If you’d like some cilantro for your garnish, you’ll need even more.
- 2 tablespoons of mint, chopped. Additional chopped mint will be needed if you’d like to add it to your garnish.
- 1 ounce of crumbled goat cheese (which equals about 1/4 cup).
- If desired, lemon zest.
To make this fresh watermelon salad, gently combine the fruit and cucumbers in a large bowl. Then, place the mixture on a large platter.
Next, stir everything else together in a small bow. Drizzle over the melon, orange, and cucumber platter. If desired, add extra cilantro and mint as a garnish.
Which Watermelon Salad Recipe Is Your Favorite?
If you decide to make one of these dishes, comment below to let us know how it tasted and what you thought of it. And as always, to dine with us, call our restaurant to book a reservation at (305) 570-4731.